Sure I wanna do more than I did in 2010!
Sure I wanna do more than what I actually think I’ll be able to. But then, as you know, there’s work, business travel, family engagements, etc,etc. With the Totalsports Challenge Terra Firma event behind me, I’m hoping to at least get my backside in gear for a few more events this year.
So, after working through the Ride Magazine’s Dirty Dates calendar, the Bicycling Magazine’s must-do events, some fun trail running events on the various trail running web sites and even the Pedalpower calendar, this is what I believe I can realistically accomplish in the first quarter ( and a bit) of 2011:
Trail running: www.trailseries.co.za
There are 5 events in total as part of the Cape Summer series. These are either 5km – 8km or 10-15km options. There are events in other parts of the country too. I plan to do the following:
- Sunday 3o January: Paul Cluver
- Wednesday 2 February: Durbanville Hills
All Wednesday evening races will start at 18h00 for the Long and 18h15 for the Short. The weekend (Sunday) races will start at 07h30 for the Long and 07h45 for the Short
2Oceans Trail run: http://www.twooceansmarathon.org.za/
This will be on Good Friday, 22 April and starts at 07h30 from UCT campus. Limited to 400 runners. I’ve entered for the 10km event. There’s also a 22km run.
- Sun 6 Feb: Rollercoaster, Constantia: 88km: www.pedalpower.org.za
- Sun 13 Feb: 3 Passes, 77km, Newlands www.pedalpower.org.za
- Sunday 13 March: Pick ‘n Pay Argus: 109km
- Saturday 16 April: Sea Otter Classic Gran Fondo, 40 miles, Monterey, California: http://www.seaotterclassic.com/
- Sat 5 Feb: Franschhoek Lions MTB: 46,8km www.pedalpower.org.za
- Sat: 19 Feb: Wilde Cycle: Wellington: 50km www.wildecycle.co.za
- Grape Escape: Stage 1 (4 March) Eden on the Bay to Nelson Wine Estate: 85km. Stage 2 (5 March), Nelson Wine Estate to Boschendal Wine Estate: 76km. Stage 3 (6 March) Boschendal Wine Estate, Argus MTB: 67km http://www.grapeescape.co.za/
- Sun: 17 April, Seaotter Classic, Monterey, California: cross country: http://www.seaotterclassic.com/
Follow me on Twitter
- Robbie McIntosh’s 2014 events
- BCA Mates Trail Challenge: 28 September 2013
- Which trail shoe?
- Knysna Big 5 Challenge 2013
- Electric MTB