Browsing all articles in wines2Whales
Right, it’s Thursday 9pm and I’m packed for the Wines2Whales ride in Elgin/Grabouw this week-end.
It started raining in Cape Town today so there is a good chance that it may rain there this week-end or even just be muddy from today’s rain. Well, nothing can stop me. I’m ready…I think.
Really looking forward to a RIDE rather than a RACE. There will be 3 groups on each of the 2 days, about 80km per day.
Each day will see riders leave in a fast, medium or a slow group. There will be guides for each group and water and refreshment points along the way.
I’ll be camping ( well, actually staying in a van ) with my friend Mark at the Back to basics youth camp tomorrow evening, just down the road form the start at Paul Cluver.
That is where Tri-Active has set up a race village with tented accommodation, meals and the like.
On Saturday evening we’ll be staying with our families at a house in Onrus ( Outside Hermanus).
Back to the start on Sunday, only to ride back to Hermanus.
In case you won’t be there or can’t get away for 2 days, consider doing the FV MTB Grand Prixon Sunday 26 April, organised by Geddan Ruddock.
Here’s more information about that event:
Registration: 6h30 – 8h30
- We expect most participants to enter on the day, so please be here early if you are doing a Late Entry
- You need to Park on the grass field next to Franschhoek Centre (north side), then follow the signs to the opposite side of the Centre
- Registration is taking place in front of Manic Cycles (south side of Centre)
- You need to Enter yourself at least half an hour before your start (see below for Start Times)
- See attached Entry Form – if you print and fill this out before Sunday, then it will save you time on the morning!
- 60km Teams: 8h30
- 60km Individual 8h35
- 40km Individual 8h45
- 20km Individual 9h00
So, now you have no excuse for getting out there this week-end!
E N J O Y !
- Loading tweets...
- Knysna Oyster Festival: 2015 edition
- Westcoast Beach Run, December 2014
- CWC Durbie Dash 2014: feedback
- Going green on e-bikes in Sandton
- Heritage Day Kids BMX event